Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Snoctobunny Painted




I chose dark brown for the base of the body, then a lighter brown for the head to make it stand out a little more when viewed from straight on. Then i went for a dark purple for the tentacles and a neon kinda green for the suction cups. I also used the purple for the eyeballs and the green for the spikes on the back end and the snail eyes. Each colour had to have four coats which took forever, but I used a blow dryer to make it go a little bit faster, and in the end it was well worth all the time spent. Once all four coats of every colour on every part was on and dry it was time add a little bit of drool. To do this effect I used hot glue like I was told could be used from an example in class. I also really liked the shiny look that I saw on an example in class so since my paint was not glossy i bought a varnish. I tested it out on a spare piece of cooked sculpey and saw that it was fine and did not make the paint run so I used it on my whole character. I really love how it turned out. I think the colours work well together and the shine gives it a lil something extra. I just wish i was a little more steady handed so I could get the paint job perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment